Arts and Culture
Although surrounded by small, rural farming communities, the Clinton Region is not without the wide range of arts and cultural activities enjoyed by larger regions. In fact, Clinton County is the only community of its size in the U.S. to support a full, professional symphony.
The community has a very active theatre scene, which includes the Clinton Area Showboat Theatre, a live performance venue on a historic Mississippi River showboat. The Gateway Contemporary Ballet is the region's resident dance company.
The region has a unique blend of events and venues for residents and visitors to enjoy year round. With such a vibrant and diverse offering of music, art and performing arts there is always something to see and do.
Arts and cultural opportunities in the region include:
- Bickelhaupt Arboretum – 340 S. 14th Street, Clinton,(563) 242-4771
- Blue Heron Eco-Cruises – (563) 847-7202 or e-mail the CCCB for booking information
- Camanche Depot & Museum 102 12th Avenue, Camanche, (563) 259-1285
- Clinton Area Showboat Theatre – 311 Riverview Drive, Clinton (P.O. Box 764, Clinton), (563) 242-6760
- Clinton Symphony Orchestra – P.O. Box 116, Clinton, 563) 243-6042
- Felix Adler Discovery Center – 501 11th Avenue South, Clinton, (563) 243-3600 or (563) 243-3356
- Windmill De Immigrant – 10th Avenue and 1st Street, Fulton, (815) 589-4545 or (815) 589-2616
- Gateway Contemporary Ballet – P.O. Box 1183, Clinton, (563) 242-1002
- Heritage Canyon – 515 North 4th Street, Fulton, (815) 589-2838
- Historical Society Museum – 601 S. 1st Street, P.O. Box 2435, Clinton, (563) 242-1201
- Lock & Dam 13 – 4999 Lock Road, Fulton, (815) 259-3628 or contact by e-mail
- Martin House Museum/Fulton Historical Society – 707 10th Ave., Fulton, (815) 589-4545
- River Arts Center (sponsored by the Clinton Art Association) – 229 5th Avenue South, Box 132, Downtown Clinton, (563) 243-3300
- The Sawmill Museum - 2231 Grant St., Clinton, (563) 242-0343
- Soaring Eagle Nature Center – 3923 North 3rd Street, Clinton (just south of Eagle Point Park), (563) 242-9088 for more information